Duration: 02 days
Start: From Quillcayhuanca gate
Maximal elevation: 4350 masl
Highest Camp Site: 4150 masl
Season recommended: May to October
If someday you dream about a perfect trek, ideal for your family or for your friends… not too long, not too high, not too cold and easy but plenty of views, forest, exotic flowers, Pre Inca ruins, friendly villages and gathering most of the well known snow peaks, then, this it’s your choice!.
Day 1- Huaraz – Quillcayhuanca
We leave from Huaraz by bus toward to the front of the Quillcayhuanca Valley (3 800masl), which is located to the east of Huaraz and from where we will start our trek. We start walking easily along the grassy Quillcayhuanca Valley and exploring the Pre-Inca Tambo Nuevo ruins. We continue walking on the true left bank of the river into the junction between Tullpacocha and Cayesh valleys. Here we spend the night at 4 150masl.
We start the day going up gradually through the Tullpacocha Valley towards the Lake of the same name at (4 250masl), which is situated on the base of Tullparaju Mountain. From there we can appreciate the Pucaranra and Chinchey Mountains. After visit the lake we go back to Portada de Quillcayhuanca, where the transport will be waiting for us to go back to Huaraz.
Note: Minimum 2 hikers.
– Transfer hotel – bus terminal
– 02 nights at the La Casa de Maruja B&B in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
– 03 days camping.
– Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
– first aid Kit
– Camping equipment (four season tent, dining tent, toilet, matrass and cooking tent and supplies)
– Mountain Cheff , specialized in high altitude cooking with Peruvian , international tasting and vegetarian meals
– Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg/ pp)
– More than 2 persons one horse for any emergency.
– Prívate car transport Huaraz / Vaqueria / Cashapampa / Huaraz
– Meals during the trekking (breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time, dinner) – The meal includes pankekes, fresh vegetables soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meats, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate and calories , which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, regular tea, coffee,etc
– Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
– Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
– Extra days
– Personal clothes and personal gear during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
– Sleeping-bag (-14C)
THE DURATION OF THE HIKE.
The camping place is flexible; it could be different place than we decided and it is according to the rhythm or experience of the hikers.
– The prices can change according to the date and number of persons, please contact us on this link for more information.
Lightweight walking shoes/sandals/socks/pants/short pants/T-shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve)/sunglasses/sunscreen/plastic bags/warm sleeping bag /light weight trekking boots/wool socks/light weight treeking pants/waterproof pants and jacket/fleece/Goretex/hat/mits or warm gloves/thermal liners/camera/bandana or hat against sun/headlamp with extra batteries.
•Safety Individual gear:
Glacier glasses 100% UV with rigid case (2 pair recommended)/ goggles/ sunscreen with maximum protection/lipbalm/4 season sleeping bag/ sleeping pad or thermarest/hat/thermal underwear/fleece jacket/fleece pants/down jacket/Goretex jacket or similar material/2 pairs of gloves or mittens/ pair of thermal glove liners/2 pairs of thermal sock liners/plastic boots/gaiters.