Duration: 04 days – 03 nights
Maximal elevation: 4750 masl
Highest Camp Site: 4050 masl
Season recommended: May to Octuber
Day 01: Huaraz – Pocpa – Rondoy
Today an approximate four hours drive takes us up to Chiquian and Pocpa, with spectacular views of the Cordillera Blanca and Huayhuash. From Palca and head of Rondoy stream(3 445masl) we begin our trekking following the stream. We spend the night at 4 300masl.
Day 02: Rondoy – Sambunya Pass – Jahuacocha Lake
We ascend through the Rondoy valley towards the pass of Sambunya at 4 750masl, from where we can see the snow capped peaks of Ninashanca, Rondoy, Jirishanca, Yerupaja, Rasac and the Lake Solteracocha. We descend towards to Lake Jahuacocha. Overnight on Incahuain(4 050masl) with amazing views of the Rondoy, Jirishanca, and Yerupaja Mountains.
Day 03: Rest day (Short hike) – Optional
Jahuacocha lies at 4100masl beneath the glacier-covered west faces of Yerupaja, Jirishanca, Rasac, Rondoy and el Toro. By day and by moonlight it is an indescribably beautiful place; there is abundant bird life (Puna ibis, Andean geese and more) around its shore, and many fine walks around and above it. The lake and rivers hold plenty of trout and we hope to catch enough for dinner. We spend a rest day here, although this extra day is partly to allow for delays en route. The support crew prepares a typical Pachamanca lunch
Day 04: Jahuacocha – Pampa Llamac Pass – Llamac – Huaraz
Take in the last views of the Cordillera Huayhuash before we leave the snow-capped mountains behind as we head down the Jahuacocha valley. The trail heads over the Llamac pass (4 300masl), into the village of Llamac (3 300masl), where the transport will be waiting for us to back to Huaraz.
Note: Minimum 2 hikers.
– Transfer hotel – bus terminal
– 02 nights at the La Casa de Maruja B&B in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
– 03 days camping.
– Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
– first aid Kit
– Camping equipment (four season tent, dining tent, toilet, matrass and cooking tent and supplies)
– Mountain Cheff , specialized in high altitude cooking with Peruvian , international tasting and vegetarian meals
– Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg/ pp)
– More than 2 persons one horse for any emergency.
– Prívate car transport Huaraz / Vaqueria / Cashapampa / Huaraz
– Meals during the trekking (breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time, dinner) – The meal includes pankekes, fresh vegetables soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meats, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate and calories , which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, regular tea, coffee,etc
– Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
* Entrance fees in Cashapampa
* Entrance fees in Huaripampa.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
– Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
– Extra days
– Personal clothes and personal gear during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
– Sleeping-bag (-14C)
THE DURATION OF THE HIKE.
The camping place is flexible; it could be different place than we decided and it is according to the rhythm or experience of the hikers.
– The prices can change according to the date and number of persons, please contact us on this link for more information.
Lightweight walking shoes/sandals/socks/pants/short pants/T-shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve)/sunglasses/sunscreen/plastic bags/warm sleeping bag /light weight trekking boots/wool socks/light weight treeking pants/waterproof pants and jacket/fleece/Goretex/hat/mits or warm gloves/thermal liners/camera/bandana or hat against sun/headlamp with extra batteries.
•Safety Individual gear:
Glacier glasses 100% UV with rigid case (2 pair recommended)/ goggles/ sunscreen with maximum protection/lipbalm/4 season sleeping bag/ sleeping pad or thermarest/hat/thermal underwear/fleece jacket/fleece pants/down jacket/Goretex jacket or similar material/2 pairs of gloves or mittens/ pair of thermal glove liners/2 pairs of thermal sock liners/plastic boots/gaiters.